Following Sunday’s walk-off loss to the Athletics, the 5th such Red Sox loss this season, a question was raised on @RSNStats:
@RSNStats I want to know their record on Sunday's. Bums.
— Blueprint Global Med (@BlueprintGM) September 4, 2016
That’s not the kind of thing I had readily available, but it didn’t take much to work it out.
- The Red Sox best days this season have been Fridays and Saturdays. They’re 14-8 on those days for a .636 win percentage.
- Though fewer games are played on Mondays (and some would argue the schedule ought have none at all on that day), Boston is 8-5 for their second best win percentage of .615.
- On both Sundays and Wednesday the Red Sox have gone 12-10 (.546). Two of their walk-off losses have come on Sundays.
- On Tuesdays, they’re 11-10 (.524).
- Only on Thursdays, where they’re 5-9 (.357), does the club have a losing record this season.